This guide is designed to give parents an overview of Match Day Ventures Ltd information regarding child welfare, safeguarding, care policies, and other general information. For quick and easy information about the key requirements for your Child’s activity please visit the FAQ’s page of our website.
If you wish to find out more or have a query regarding this guide please do not hesitate to contact us on 07860 786175 or [email protected]
MatchDay Safeguarding Policy Statement
MatchDay Ventures Ltd provides sport and activity childcare to children aged between 18 month – 13 years old in a variety of settings and venues across East Anglia. This is delivered primarily in day camps.
Under UK guidance a child is anybody under the age of 18
Match Day Ventures Ltd acknowledges the duty of care to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and is committed to ensuring safeguarding practice, reflects statutory responsibilities, government guidance and complies with best practice and
Ofsted and any other regulatory body requirements.
The policy recognises that the welfare and interests of children are paramount in all circumstances. It aims to ensure that regardless of age, gender, religion or beliefs, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or socioeconomic background, all children;
- Have a positive and enjoyable experience of sport at all Match Day Ventures Ltd activities in a safe and child-centred environment
- Are protected from abuse whilst participating in programmed sessions or outside of the activity whilst your child is in our care. We recognise four primary categories of abuse (Physical, sexual, emotional, and neglect); in addition to these, we also take account of ‘Bullying’ as a form of abuse.
MatchDay ventures Ltd acknowledges that some children, including disabled children and young people or those from ethnic minority communities, can be particularly vulnerable to abuse and we accept the responsibility to take reasonable and appropriate steps to ensure their welfare.
As part of our safeguarding policy Match Day Ventures Ltd will:
- Promote and prioritise the safety and wellbeing of children and young people
- Ensure everyone understands their roles and responsibilities in respect of safeguarding and is provided with appropriate learning opportunities to recognise, identify and respond to signs of abuse, neglect and other safeguarding concerns relating to children and young people
- Ensure appropriate action is taken in the event of incidents/concerns of abuse and support provided to the individual/s who raise or disclose the concern
- Ensure that confidential, detailed and accurate records of all safeguarding concerns are maintained and securely stored
- Prevent the employment/deployment of unsuitable individuals
- Ensure robust safeguarding arrangements and procedures are in operation.
The policy will be widely promoted and is mandatory for everyone involved in Match Day Ventures Ltd. Failure to comply with the policy and procedures will be addressed without delay and may ultimately result in dismissal/exclusion from the organisation.
The policy will be reviewed every three years, or in the following circumstances:
- Changes in legislation and/or government guidance
- As required by the Local Safeguarding Children Board, UK Sport and/or County FA and Ofsted
- As a result of any other significant change or event.
This policy is our general statement on child safeguarding and welfare.